Personal Information Protection Policy
FINGER INC. (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Company’) has a personal information protection policy to inform the purpose and method of the user’s personal information collection, and the actions taken in order to protect personal information, pursuant to the law on the “Promotion of Utilization of Information and Communications Network and Information Protection”.
1. Personal information collection and the purposes of use
The Company uses the collected personal information for the following purposes.
- ① Fulfillment of contract related to the provision of service and settlement of fees due to the provision of service, identification in financial transactions, and overseas remittance service
- ② For membership management: Self-identification, personal identification, prevention of illegal and unauthorized use of bad member, confirmation of registration, complaint handling, delivery of announcement
- ③ Collecting and storing the device's unique number at the time of membership registration, and use it as an account for personal identification
- ④ Collecting and using the member’s phone number, phone numbers stored in the phone book of the member's phone to provide services such as automatic friend registration and friend recommendation
- ⑤ Delivery of marketing information such as events for the purpose of marketing and advertisement, understanding the access frequency or statistics on the use of services by members
2. Items of collected personal information
The company collects personal information such as Resident registration number, Passport number, Alien Registration Card number, the following for membership registration, consultation, service application, etc.
- ① The Company is collecting personal information required for sending money overseas such as ID card copy, name, address, phone number, date of birth, register’s bank name and banking account number, email address. However, company is not receiving application and collecting data from minors who are under the age of 18. Optional fields for collection include career, purpose of remittance, source of money etc…
- ② The Company may collect location, smartphone’s unique device information of customer during using service, and shall notify a customer in advance when collecting that information.
- ③ Methods of collecting information: either the customer enters directly when installing company’s App, or the Company shall collect in case the customer consents beforehand.
3. Purpose of personal information collection
- ① The Company collects personal information for purpose of processing membership registration
- ② The Company collects personal information for purpose of processing money transfer.
- ③ The Company collects personal information for purpose of providing relevant financial institutions with personal information and remittance information when processing transfer.
(In accordance with relevant law about use and report of specific financial transaction information, customer information is provided to financial institutions when transferring money overseas)
- ④ The Company collects personal information for purpose of providing events, advertisement etc….
- ⑤ The Company collects personal information for purpose of providing customized services through service’s use record and frequency, analysis, use of service statistics etc….
- ⑥ The Company collects personal information for purpose of building using environment where a user can use safely in security, privacy, safety aspects.
4. Personal information retention period and destruction
- ① In principle, the Company shall destroy the information immediately after the purpose of collecting and using personal information is achieved. However, the following information will be retained for the period specified below for the following reasons.
- ② Preservation items: Name, login ID, password, home phone number, home address, mobile phone number, email, company name, department, company telephone number, bank account information, service use log, access log, cookie, access information, payment record
- ③ The Company shall no longer use information when a user terminates his/her membership
- ④ The Company destroys personal information after 1 year if a user does not own any transfer record. But some of personal information and remittance information may be preserved / maintained in accordance with laws.
- ⑤ If a user has at least 1 time or more of remittance record, the Company shall preserve remittance record and required personal information for 5 years since the date of transfer, except for that the Company shall not use personal information in any activities that are not regulated by laws.
- ⑥ In accordance with the provisions of relevant laws and regulations, if it is necessary the Company will keep the membership information for a certain period as follows.
- - Laws of consumer protection in E-commerce
- Record on contract termination or subscription termination: 5 years preservation
- Record on goods supply and payment: 5 years preservation
- Record on settling disputes or consumer’s complaints: 3 years preservation
- - Electronic Financial Transaction Act
- Record on electronic finance: 5 years preservation
- - Telecommunications Security Protection Act
5. Customers and their legal representatives’ rights and means of exercising
Customers shall be able to exercise the following rights for the protection of their own personal information as managed by the Company.
- ① Request to read personal information
- - Request to read personal information can be made to the Company or the person in charge of personal information management through written, telephone, e-mail, fax, etc., and the company will take action without delay.
- ② Request to correct error, etc.
- - If the user requests correction or deletion of personal information, the Company will not use or provide the personal information until the correction or deletion is completed.
- ③ Request to delete information
- ④ Request to stop handling personal information
The user shall not infringe the personal information and privacy of the user himself or others that the company is handling in violation of related laws and regulations such as the Information and Communication Network Act, the Personal Information Protection Act.
6. Methods of collecting personal information
- ① During membership registration and service use, the Company collects personal information if user agrees to the personal information collection and enters information directly.
- ② During the consultation process via customer center, personal information of users can be collected through web pages, applications, mail, fax, and telephone.
- ③ Personal information may be collected in written form at offline events.
- ④ The Company may receive personal information from another partner company or organization. In such cases, the partner companies must obtain the user's consent to provide personal information.
7. Provision and entrustment of personal information
- In accordance with related laws and regulations, the Company stipulates necessary matters to ensure that personal information can be safely managed when contracted. The company's personal information consignment processing agency and entrusted business contents are as follows.
- - The 3rd party who receives personal information
- Overseas financial institution
- Korea Financial Telecommunications and Clearings Institute(KFTC)
- - Necessary items
- Account real name, ID Card’s number, Passport Number, Account Number for checking real name account.
- Sender’s account number, Bank Code and Sender’s name for checking sender’s information.
- - Purpose of utilizing personal information: To provide small-sum overseas remittance service, and to perform the obligations pursuant to the according country's law
- - Period of use: 5 years from the day of receiving personal information in compliance with the according country's law
8. Installation, operation and denial of automatic collection of personal information
- ① The Company automatically collects the device identification number (device ID) when the user executes the program provided by the company in order to create the account information. Also, in order to provide friend recommendation and product recommendation function, the Company may collect phone numbers stored in users’ phone if they want.
- ② The Company stores users’ information and uses "cookies" retrieved from time to time to provide personalized service to each user.
- - Purpose of use of cookie
- Analyzing the frequency of visitors and members' access frequency and time, identifying user's tastes and interests, tracking traces, participating in various events and checking the number of visits, targeted marketing and personalized service users have the right of choosing cookies setting. As a result, users can allow all cookies by setting options in your web browser, check each time a cookie is saved, or refuse to save all cookies.
- - How to decline cookie settings
You may refuse to install cookies. However, if you refuse to install cookies, it may be difficult to use some services that are required to log in.
(Setting method, based on IE) Tools> Internet Options> Privacy> Site blocking
9. Personal information protection effort
- ① The Company is encrypting personal information.
- ② To prevent personal information leak or damage through hacking or viruses, the Company establishes system in a restricted area, backs up data, transmits and receives personal information safely on an encrypted telecommunication network.
- ③ Minimizing the number of persons in charge of processing personal information. The number of persons in charge of processing personal information is designated at the minimum, top manager in charge of personal information protection’s approval is required when downloading to PC or using staff’s working PC.
10. Staff in charge of personal information protection
The Company’s staff in charge of personal information protection is as follows.
Person in charge of personal information
Top manager in charge of personal information protection
- - 02-786-8203 (Vietnamese)
- - 02-786-8204 (Korean)
- - 02-786-8210 (English)
You may declare any privacy complaints that may arise during using company's service to the person in charge of Personal Information Management or relevant department. The Company will respond promptly and fully to members' reports.
If you need to report or consult about other privacy infringement, please contact the following organizations.
Personal Information Infringement Report Center (operated by Korea Internet and Security Agency)
- - Duty : Personal information infringement matters report, consultation
- - Homepage : privacy.kisa.or.kr
- - Telephone : (without area code) 118
- - Address : Personal information infringement report center, 3F, 9, Jinheung-gil, Naju-si, Jeollanam-do (58324)
Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee
- - Duty : Personal information dispute settlement, collective dispute settlement (civil settlement)
- - Homepage : www.kopico.go.kr
- - Telephone : (without area code) 1833-6972
- - Address : 4F, Government Complex, 209, Sejongdae-ro, Jongro-gu, Seoul (03171)
- Supreme Prosecutors' Office Cyber Criminal Investigation Department : http://spo.go.kr / 02-3480-3573
- Police Agency Cyber Terror Response Center : www.netan.go.kr / 1566-0112
11. Obligation of notice
This personal information processing policy will be effective from the enforcement date. According to the laws and policies, if there are changes such as additions, deletions and corrections, the Company shall announce the changes by posting on website (blog) or mobile application notice (or individual notice). This policy will be enforced from the date of notice.
- Personal Information Processing Policy Notice Date : June 5, 2019
- Personal Information Processing Policy Enforcement Date : June 12, 2019
You can check the previous Personal Information Protection Policy by clicking the link below.